Your workout is an important element in keeping you healthy and well. Jumping into the grind at the gym each day is a tedious task in itself, but sometimes your results come well after finishing your workout. Post-workout supplementation is one of the most important elements to boosting your fitness profile; after all, this is the time where your body performs various functions for proper recovery. While resting and eating are typically two things that can help with recovery, consider the use of supplements to improve your overall fitness plan. Listed below are five supplements that you should pay attention to if you want to make the most of your workouts.
- 1.Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). Most people want to boost energy and speed recovery. Adding BCAAs to your post-workout regimen can help your body to recover after the gym and it may even help to boost your energy levels the next day. Consider the use of BCAAs for your post-workout recovery and there are pill-form options if you do not desire powdered drinks.
- 2.Whey Protein. Quite possibly the most common post-workout supplement you should be using is protein. Protein is essential for your muscular health and adding a lean source of protein can help you to build lean muscle. Consider supplementing with whey protein to promote lean muscle mass growth and as a meal replacement option as well.
- 3.ZMA. This popular product, which stands for Zinc Magnesium Aspartate, is commonly used after your workouts. The ingredients in ZMA are geared towards improving blood flow to the cells in your body, which speeds recovery. In addition, some forms of ZMA contain valerian root to help boost your sleep quality (which is when your body performs the most recovery).
- 4.Testosterone Boosters. Having a good amount of testosterone in the body is important for building muscle and for keeping the muscle mass you have. Yes ladies, testosterone is in you as well and it serves the same role. While the FDA has not evaluated the use of testosterone boosters for fitness, the ingredients in common products may help to support your muscular health. Consider using a testosterone booster as part of your post-workout recovery process as a way to enhance what you have and what you are trying to accomplish.
- 5.Creatine Monohydrate. One of the most studied supplements around is creatine. It is essentially used to promote energy for your workout, especially for high intensity workouts. While it is mostly considered a pre-workout drink, many people take creatine afterwards as a way to replenish what you store. You can find creatine in pill form or as a powdered mix.
Finding the right post-workout supplement can help you to take your fitness level from good to excellent. Consider any of the options above as a way to boost your overall results.